Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday Onxy By Jennifer L Armentrout

Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout
Coming August 14th

From Barnes & Noble

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Sounds amazing right?! This is the second in the series by Jennifer and if you haven't read the first one (Obsidian) I recommend you do so immediately. Daemon will leave you drooling and Katy is a kick ass heroine to root for! Here's a few teasers to help with the wait!

I thought he was going to say something, probably perverted, but all he did was tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Both of my hands were on his chest. They had a mind of their own. I claimed no responsibility for them. Daemon kissed like he was a man starving for water, taking long, breathless drafts. When his hands slid...under my shirt, it was as though he reached deep inside me, warming every cell, filling evry dark space within me. Touching him, kissing him, was like having a fever all over again. I was on fire. My body burned. The world burned. Sparks flew. Against his mouth, I moaned.

Dog eared pages were the antichrist of book lovers everywhere.





3 comments:

  1. Great pick! I really need to start reading Jennifer's novels. I've heard so many amazing things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! yes her books are awesome! I've yet to read one and be disapointed!

    ReplyDelete