Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Defying the Odds by Kele Moon

 Defying the Odds by Kele Moon

From Barnes and Noble

A woman running from an abusive past. A famous UFC heavyweight fighter who relies on his fists for a living. A slice of pie on Thanksgiving brings these two unlikely lovers together.
The stranger ends up being Clay Powers, a famous UFC heavyweight fighter. Clay's large build and dangerous fists have always intimidated. People in his hometown keep their distance and Clay is fine with that. Everything changes when a new waitress at the local diner buys him a piece of pie on Thanksgiving. Touched by the gesture when it's obvious she can barely afford to survive, her warm smile and lush body churn up powerful feelings that leave Clay wanting more from her than pie.
Melody is running from her past and the small, country town of Garnet is the perfect hiding place. With an ex-husband after her and scars from her abusive marriage etched deep, the last thing she expects is to fall for a man who makes a living with his fists, but she can't resist Clay or the tender connection they share.
Finding love in the most unlikely of places, the passion is undeniable, but Clay and Melody know their haunted pasts and unpredictable futures leave the odds stacked against them

REVIEW: 4 STARS

I read the review of this book on another blog and I decided that I had to read this book. It was really cheap for my nook so that made it an even better buy! When Melody first brought Clay his pumpkin pie and he tried to choke it down even though he absolutely detests pumpkin pie my crush on him began. Melody was a sweetheart and I hated that her ex husband treated her like he did. Like Clay, I couldn't understand why anyone would want to abuse Melody when all she did was worry about everyone else. I wasn't expecting this book to be as graphic as it was though. I was expecting a young adult book and instead got an adult romance book. It wasn't what I was expecting but it also wasn't off putting. Some of the scenes are described in great detail so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under the age of 17. The only thing I didn't like about the book was the development of Clay and Melody's romance. I felt like they met and immediately fell in love without much inbetween. It almost moved too quickly for me to feel like their relationship was more than just lust. All in all I really enjoyed this book. It moved quickly and there was a nice lead up to the ending.

Find it at Amazon
Find it at Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment